Tips for Going to a Show
Welcome to COPACC
Coming to the theatre is an exciting experience. COPACC shows are a great source of entertainment. Each performance is unique because audiences respond in different ways. Some people come with a partner, some come with friends and some choose to come on their own. Below are some tips to make your theatre experience at COPACC even more enjoyable.
What to wear
There is no dress code at COPACC for performances, but smart casual is a safe option.
Before the Show
- The sooner you purchase your tickets, the greater your chance to sit in your favourite seat.
- COPACC is surrounded by free parking, but arriving early will leave you time to buy a drink at the COPACC bar and visit the restroom before the performance begins.
- If you arrive late it is possible that you may have to wait until interval, or a natural break in the performance, for entry to the theatre. This ensures performers and other audience members aren’t distracted.
During the Performance
- If it is necessary to leave during a performance, wait for an appropriate break in the show or for the interval.
- Mobile phones should be switched off/silent as soon as you enter the theatre. Please do not text as the light can be distracting for performers and the audience.
- Filming and taking pictures during shows is not allowed.
- Performers love to receive recognition and applause. If you are unsure when to applaud, follow the lead of other audience members.
- Some performances have an interval, which usually lasts about 20 minutes. You can use the break to go to the restroom and buy refreshments from the bar or barista service. Unless advised otherwise, food and drink may be brought into the theatre.
From all of us here at COPACC, we look forward to seeing you soon.